Why Choose Us?
The latest Buxton & Leek College Student Survey results
- We’ve invested over £8.5 million into our Campus facilities.
- We offer over 220 courses for all ages, abilities and ambitions including full and part time courses, work based and industry short courses, University level and Access qualifications, leisure courses, Apprenticeships and Traineeships.
- Being a vocational College means that our students don’t just learn in the classroom but spend time developing their skills in our industry standard facilities.
- We’re a small, safe, friendly College.
- We’re proud to be part of the University of Derby. Being part of the group means our students learn in the same environment as the University’s undergraduates. Plus, all of our University level courses are accredited by Derby and a lot more affordable than going to a larger University.
- 90% of our learners go on to further training or employment after completing a course with us (for 16-18 year old learners).
- Our Tutors are experts in their fields and have learned and developed their skills and knowledge by working in the industries they now teach.
- Our learners have the chance to undertake work placements, enrichment activities and volunteering, sports, industry competitions, educational trips, talks from guest speakers and extra training and short courses. This all prepares them for employment and the real working world.
- Our Library staff are the best in the country for customer service (Council for Learning Resources in Colleges 2015).
- Our students succeed! Some of our learners have gone on to work for the Army, Virgin Atlantic, NHS, JCB, Gleneagles Hotel and Monarch Airlines. Some have their own businesses too.
- We offer great support from the second you contact us with an enquiry and even after you have finished your course with us.
- If you’re over 19 and worried about the cost of studying a course with us simply talk to us. There are many College and Government schemes in place to help you with the cost of your studies.
- We offer flexible learning options and you’ll have the chance to meet new people and increase your confidence.
- Employers view College leavers as better prepared for work than school leavers of the same age.
- We have Campuses in Buxton, Leek and Derby. We also offer leisure courses across Staffordshire Moorlands and can deliver some of our courses in your place of work, making it even easier to study with us.
T: 0800 074 0099