Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (Acting)
Course Type: Vocational
Full or part time: Full time
Study Duration: 2 years
When and Where: Buxton
Start date: September
This course has a strong practical element and is based on current professional practice within the Performing Arts sector. You will develop a number of performance skills with a key focus on acting for a variety of media including theatre, film, TV and audio broadcast.
This course is designed for anyone with a strong performance based interest in Performing Arts, in particular acting. If you are serious about a career in the Performing Arts industries then this is a great place to start.
The Performing Arts is an exciting and vibrant industry in the UK across a variety of media. Choosing this course will equip you with the skills and qualifications necessary to pursue a career in a highly competitive but rewarding profession.
Learners will have the chance to perform at a number of external venues including the Buxton Fringe Festival, National Student Drama Festival as well as many performance opportunities in film and TV projects.
Buxton is renowned for is arts, music, opera, comedy, festivals and theatre productions throughout the year, making it the perfect place to choose to study a Performing Arts course.
• Level 2 Diploma or equivalent in a related subject with a Merit profile, or four GCSEs at grade C or above including English (or a recognised literacy/communication qualification).
• A good standard of literacy is required for the successful completion of the course.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, together with a positive attitude.
• An interview and audition, which clearly demonstrates the applicant’s aptitude, motivation and commitment to further study.
• A supporting statement by a teacher or tutor from the applicant’s school/college, which confirms their ability to benefit from the programme.
Students are assessed by a variety of projects, assignments, practical workshops and performance.
On successful completion of this course, learners can move onto Drama School or University, including a number of our Performing Arts courses at University of Derby’s unique Learning Theatre – the only one of its kind in the UK. The University of Derby has strong professional industry links across the film and TV sector, which Buxton & Leek College students can access. There is also the possibility of progressing straight into the profession.