EARN & LEARN
An Apprenticeship combines the best of both worlds, as a student you’ll learn job specific skills and gain a recognised industry qualification while at the same time being employed and earning a salary. Typically an Apprenticeship takes between one and four years to complete, you will study at College one day a week.
The requirements to start an apprenticeship are:
- You must be 16 years or older
- GCSE maths and English at grade A*- D ; you can even start an apprenticeship if you have sat your GCSE exams in Summer 2018, but don’t receive your results until August!
- A student must either have their own employer in mind or work with us to find a suitable place of employment.
A new style of apprenticeships has been designed to help apprentices develop the skills they need to be successful in their industry and make a real contribution to employers.
- Your job – On and off-the-job training to develop skills and knowledge
- Values and behaviours – that are relevant to the role and industry
- English and Maths – all apprentices will be required to develop Maths and English skills and align them to their job
- Endpoint assessment – employers and assessors will ‘sign-off’ the apprentice as being ready for assessment towards the end of the apprenticeship.
get in go far
So are you ready to get your career started? Take a look at these videos and see what life is really like for an apprentice.