Eagley Plastics Ltd – Stephanie Works, Chinley, High Peak Derbyshire, SK23 6BT
Vacancy available for a Trainee Tool Maker at a successful plastic extrusion manufacturing firm in the High Peak.
Practical skills that will be developed at work along side a tool making mentor which will include: –
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing and using milling machines
- Preparing and using grinding machines
With the opportunity advance onto our wire erosions machines programming and setting.
Other skills that will be developed will include: –
- Producing mechanical engineering drawings using Auto CAD
- Ability to work off own initiative and be self-motivated
- Some engineering knowledge and interest would be preferable
- Practical ability
- Team skills
- Enjoys being hands on
£8.95 per hour
45 hours per week including day release to college
Is there a potential for future employment?
Yes. Full time position as apprentice and tool maker once qualified
Friendly, a team player, the ability to listen to your peers, organised and reliable. Able to communicate through all levels of the business
Things to consider:-
Transportation links are poor so own transportation would be preferable.
Company will provide all PPE