The Buxton Crescent Hotel & Thermal Spa is in situated an idyllic location within Buxton, the historic Spa town is nestled in the beautiful surrounding countryside within Derbyshire. Close to the county boundary with Cheshire to the west and Staffordshire to the south, Buxton is described as “the gateway to the Peak District National Park”.
The recently opened Buxton crescent is a Historic iconic grade 1 listed building, it is one of the most architecturally significant buildings in the country. “The crescent was the centrepiece of the Fifth Duke of Devonshire’s plans to establish a fashionable Georgian spa town in Buxton, originally having two hotels and lodges. The Hotel has a stunning restaurant, bar and incorporates the magnificent Assembly rooms, Cardroom, and conference meeting rooms for business meetings and Weddings. Buxton Crescent Hotel & Thermal Spa offers our guests an ultimate luxury 5* experience.
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
We are looking to recruit Food & Beverage assistants for the recently opened Buxton Crescent Hotel, who would enjoy working in a luxury Historic Hotel environment. The Food & Beverage assistants will work within the Restaurant and Bar areas to exceed guests’ expectations by consistently providing professional efficient 5-star service which exceeds guest expectations.
Full training is given as part of your apprenticeship for all areas to achieve the skills, knowledge and behaviours to complete all below duties confidently;
- To ensure restaurant checks have been received in the kitchen
- To check that restaurant tables are correctly laid up according to the standards of the restaurant before any dishes are served to a guest
- To assist in the service of drinks when instructed by the Head Chef or supervisor
- To ensure tables are cleared and debris removed in the agreed manner
- To have complete knowledge of all menus, wine lists and specialities offered in the restaurant and to be able to advise guests as necessary
- To assist when required to take guests food orders
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as deemed appropriate by the Headwaiter or supervisor
- To deal with guest comments or complaints and to pass on any relevant information to the Head Chef or Supervisor
- To be responsible for restaurant mise-on-place (setting-up), which will include the following:
- polishing glassware, silver and china.
- stocking the hot and cold buffets
- cleaning and stocking the sideboards
- ensuring correct levels of linen, crockery, cutlery and silver is available throughout service
- cleaning and replenishing of the cruets/condiments
- returning used linen and collecting fresh
- To be responsible for the cleanliness of all equipment used in the restaurant and ancillary areas
- To adhere to any cleaning rotas and to sign them off when completed
- Assist guests in a friendly and courteous manner, demonstrating a good knowledge of the beverage products on offer and taking every opportunity to upsell.
- Prepare bar areas for service in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
- Serve guests with drinks and meals in accordance with hotel standards and procedures and taking every opportunity to upsell.
- Rotate bar stocks and maintain bar displays according to hotel guidelines.
- To ensure that the cellar facilities are maintained to the required standard
- To assist in the smooth running of the bar function by serving guests, both resident and non-resident drinks and meals as ordered
- Have knowledge of and operate hotel cash handling/accounting, security and emergency procedures.
- Be aware of and follow all liquor licensing laws.
- Clean bar areas after service in accordance with Hotel standards and procedures.
SKILLS/PERSONAL QUALITIES REQUIRED
Experience of working in a Food & Beverage environment advantageous but not necessary.
Passion for the industry a must
Ability to work as part of a team
Reliable, efficient and pro-active
High levels of personal presentation and grooming
A basic standard of Maths and English ideally GCSE 4/C or above but there is a possibility to study towards equivalent qualifications as part of your apprenticeship.
There is potential for permanent employment on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
25 hours per week plus overtime, plus college time.
Hours are between 6 am and 10 pm on a rota basis
Meets minimum wage for apprenticeships. Free uniform and free meals on duty.
TRAINING TO BE PROVIDED
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard
There is a possibility to study towards maths & English qualifications if you have not already achieved GCSE 4/C or above.