NEW YEAR – NEW YOU!
If you want to make 2018 the year that you make that all important change to kick start your career, Buxton & Leek College is here to help!
We have a range of courses starting in January 2018, from full-time courses for school leavers to short part-time courses for adults either just for fun or to gain an extra qualification or skill.
COURSES FOR SCHOOL LEAVERS
If you are aged 16-18, we are offering a new range of courses at Level 1 and Level 2 that you can start in January and complete by June 2018. These courses are ideal for anyone aged 16-18 (and who was so on August 31st 2017) who is currently not in education or training, or anyone who is unhappy in a course that they have already started at another College or Training Provider. Extra support will be provided from our Tutors and Progress Coaches to ensure that you are able to complete your course this academic year and progress into further education in September.
- Level 1 Beauty Therapy – Buxton
- Level 1 Hair & Beauty Skills – Leek
- Level 2 Hairdressing – Buxton and Leek
- Level 2 Barbering – Leek
- Level 2 Nail Technology – Leek
- Level 2 Business – Buxton and Leek
- Level 2 Computing – Buxton and Leek
- Level 2 Health & Social Care – Buxton
- Level 2 Professional Catering – Buxton
- Level 2 Food & Beverage Service – Buxton
- Level 1 Transport Maintenance – Buxton (Harpur Hill)
- Level 2 Vehicle Inspection – Buxton (Harpur Hill)
- Level 2 Public Services – Buxton
- Level 2 Travel Academy – Buxton
- Level 2 Introduction to Early Years Education & Care – Buxton and Leek
- Level 2 Welding & Fabrication – Leek
- Level 2 Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering – Leek
- Level 2 Bench Joinery – Leek
- Level 2 Site Joinery – Leek
To apply for any of these courses, please complete our online application form or call 0800 074 0099 – you will then be invited in for a fast-track interview to discuss your application and personal circumstances in order to get you started on this course when term starts in January 2018. If you would like any more information about these courses please email email@example.com or call 0800 074 0099 – you can also arrange to come into campus and see us to discuss your options.
Apprenticeships are a great way of earning a salary whilst gaining a recognised qualification. We currently have apprenticeship vacancies with a variety of local employers in Hair & Beauty, Hospitality & Catering, Logistics & Warehousing, Health & Social Care, Business Administration and Childcare & Education. Anyone aged over 16 can start an apprenticeship at any time of the year (subject to entry requirements).