An Apprenticeship is a way of learning whilst you are in a job. You build up the knowledge and skills that you need to gain your qualifications while you are working by coming to College one day a week.
Apprenticeships take between 12 and 18 months to complete and there are two levels:
- Apprenticeship (Level 2) - the equivalent of five GCSEs at grade A-C
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) – the equivalent of two A-levels.
The usual requirements to become an Apprentice are:
- You must be 16 years or older
- GCSE maths and English at grade A*- C or you will need to undertake Functional Skills
- To have an employer in mind, or be able to work with us to find you an apprenticeship employer.
Check out the individual subject pages for more information. We offer Apprenticeships in...
- Business, Management & Fianance
- Computing & ICT
- Beauty, Spa & Media Make Up
- Hairdressing & Barbering
- Childcare & Education
- Health & Social Care
- Hospitality & Catering
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Logistics, Warehousing & Storage
- Motor Vehicle & Motor Sport.
See all our current apprenticeship vacancies
If you're not quite ready for an Apprenticeship we offer Traineeships, which are designed to prepare you for an Apprenticeship.