British Boxers is an on-line business specialising in traditional, high-quality nightwear and underwear.
We are a growing business and sell our beautiful products on our own website as well as on drop ship sites such as Joules, Wolf and Badger and John Lewis.
We are a small team of 4 based in Leek.
Our plan for the future is to grow through increased sales not just from our own website but from the inclusion of British Boxers on additional drop sites and increased wholesale and retail sales.
Address: 2 Ashbourne Road, Leek, ST13 5AS.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our busy team as a Customer Services Assistant. The role is varied and no two days will be the same. Your primary responsibilities will be to fulfil customer orders and to respond quickly and effectively to customer queries. There will be opportunities to learn about online retail and ecomm fashion and design.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Receive and fulfil customer orders from our CMS system.
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer queries received by email or through our other sale channels.
- Deal with customers face to face in a friendly and warm manner.
- Receive customer returns and process the return including restocking items on the system and physically preparing products for restocking into the warehouse.
- Stock management including:
- Receiving deliveries of stock and booking it onto the stock management system
- Assisting in stock takes
- Keeping stock and the stock room tidy
- Barcoding new stock where necessary
- Preparing product packs ready for sale
- Processing customer payments both online and card payments face to face.
- Assisting in some finance administration.
- Liaise with our wholesale customers to maintain good relationships ensuring customer satisfaction.
This role will grow with the right candidate. This is a great opportunity for the right person to start their career in an online retail environment with a supportive and experienced team.
- You should be a fast learner with good computer skills.
- Retail is a fast paced industry so you should be calm under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines. You should be keen to learn and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- An interest in fashion and an idea of current colour trends would be advantageous.
- We are looking for a committed, friendly, self motivated individual who works well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail is essential and also the ability to be proactive.
- £4.30 per hour.
- Benefits: Statutory holiday allowance.
- The working week will be a minimum of 30 hours with the expectation of additional hours at busy times.
- There may be occasional weekend work during busy periods but this is not the norm.
- The hours generally will be 9am – 3.30pm with half an hour for lunch. This can be agreed with the right applicant.
Is there potential for future employment?
It is anticipated that this role will continue once the apprenticeship has come to an end.
A good standard of Maths and English (4/C or Equivalent).
Training to be Provided:
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2.
Things to Consider:
We may ask you to work additional hours during the busy periods, for example the weeks preceding Christmas.