Little Wizards is a new pre-school established in 2017. We are located on Buxton Road, Newtown, Disley a good central location for parents needing to commute to Manchester, Stockport, or Buxton. Newtown station is just across the road and buses stop just outside. We have made strong links with the local primary school and also other early years settings in the area. We are Ofsted registered to take 54 children a day aged 6months to 5 years. We offer 15 hours funded places for 2, 3- and 4-year olds and 30 hours funding for eligible children/ families. We are term-time only and offer flexible sessional care. We also offer holiday club to cover some of the school holidays.
Address: Unit E, BS Mills, Buxton Road, Newtown, Disley Cheshire SK12 2PY.
Do you think you could engage children through curiosity and Wonder? If so we would love you on our team.
Responsibilities will include:
- To learn how to care for and engage young children in interesting and imaginative activities, to encourage them to develop their natural curiosity in the world, their language skills and physical development.
- You would be working alongside a fully qualified and talented team who would support you at all times with your personal development and course work.
- You would have to follow all policies and procedures relating to the safeguarding and welfare of the children.
- You would be expected to help the team with the care and routines of the children.
- We would expect you to assist the staff with the care and cleaning of the nursery and equipment.
- You need a genuine interest in child development.
- You must show kindness and empathy towards everyone.
- A good time keeper.
- Shows initiative.
- A team player with a keen sense of humour.
- The ability to see the funny side of life.
- National Minimum wage for apprentices dependant on age.
- Benefits: A paid lunch hour and cooked lunch provided during term time only.
- 8.30am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Term time only.
- We would cover your 20% study time within these hours.
Is there potential for future employment?
There is potential for permanent employment on the successful completion of your apprenticeship.
- A good standard of Maths and English (4/C or Equivalent).
Training to be Provided:
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 or Early Years Educator Level 3.
Things to Consider:
- You will have an 8.30am start.
- We are on the A6 with good transport links, the station is a two minute walk from us and the bus stops outside our door.