Brief overview of the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for outstanding childcare to join our dedicated team. You will be required to work with all ages to gain a sound working knowledge of the early years foundation stage curriculum.
Main duties / responsibilities include:
- Assist in delivering the highest standards of care throughout the nursery.
- Demonstrate a high commitment to Kinderview’s Core Values in all work undertaken.
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements and assist in maintaining records of each child’s day to day activities and development for parents using Kinderview Learning Journey.
- Assist in the supervision of children at play (indoors and outdoors) and at mealtimes.
- Assist in the delivery of the EYFS Curriculum.
- Contribute towards the planning and development of inspiring, enabling environments where children initiate play.
- Assist in the completion of daily checklists as required.
- Contribute towards providing enriched environments where children value and respect different cultures, religion, language and disability and ensure that activities reflect this within the setting.
- Help to ensure welfare and safeguarding children procedures are followed.
- Demonstrate a commitment to understanding how children develop.
- Be involved in events, assist with the positive promotion of Kinderview, attend training, open evenings/days, parents evenings and staff meetings.
- Assist in the undertaking of domestic duties where required such as the preparation of snacks and cleaning and tidying of rooms ensuring hygiene levels are of the highest standards.
- Ensure an understanding of Kinderview’s policies and procedures, specifically the Staff Handbook and Health & Safety requirements including fire procedures and routines for safe drop off and pick up of children.
- Be ‘in tune’ and meet the children’s needs at all times.
- Help to ensure that every child feels safe and secure.
- Help to ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.