Welcome to our COVID-19 Guidance & Reporting page.
It is a requirement for you to notify the College / University if you have COVID-19 symptoms, a positive test result or have been in close contact with someone who has had COVID-19. This will enable the College/University to provide you with essential information, offer you support & support the Track & Trace process.
COVID-19 REPORTING & GUIDANCE LINKS
GUIDANCE AHEAD OF STARTING IN SEPTEMBER 2021
We are looking forward to welcoming you to BLC during induction week in September 2021. The College will continue into 2021/22 to ensure that we comply with the latest government guidance on COVID -19 to keep students and staff safe whilst at college.
Before you start your programme with us, you should undertake a Lateral Flow Covid Test.
You can book a test at one of our on-site test centres in Buxton, Leek or Derby, if you want to come in to college for a test or you can undertake a home test and report this to the College on 0800 074 0099 if the result is positive.
Our on-site test centre is available for Buxton & Leek students to attend for an advance test between 10am and 3pm on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of September. For Derby students the on-site test centre at Kedleston Road is now open from 8.15am and 2pm. It is essential that you book in advance before travelling to college for an on-site test. The online booking system can be accessed through this link… https://derby-testing.libcal.com/.
You will be invited to take a second test at our on-site test centre within your first week, this will be arranged by your tutor. Following this, students should continue to undertake home testing up to twice per week until government guidance changes. The College is able to provide supplies of home test kits from 13th September.
We have also published a handy FAQs For Returning to Campus that you may find useful.
- Please click here to report COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test result.
- For COVID-19 advice and guidance for 16-18-year-olds click here
- For apprentice/ employer COVID-19 guidance click here
- For adult part-time COVID-19 guidance click here
- For our COVID-19 safeguarding policy click here and go to Your Safety, Safeguarding and Prevent, to view.
- Click here for government guidance on what parents and carers need to know about early years providers, schools and colleges during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Watch this video to see some of the on-campus COVID-19 measures put in place.