We offer over 220 career focused courses across 21 subject areas, for all ages, abilities and ambitions; including full and part time courses, work based and industry short courses, University level and Access qualifications, Leisure courses, Apprenticeships and Traineeships.
We still have places available to start this academic year! So whether you still haven’t made up your mind, or if you have started a course at another College or started A Levels at school – it’s not too late to switch and join BLC. You can find enrolment information here, or call us on 0800 074 0099 or pop into either of our campuses for advice and guidance to make sure you make the right choice.
11 top reasons Why…
- GREAT COMPANY – learn with like-minded people that have similar opinions, ambitions, abilities, attitudes and interests
- FLEXIBLE AND CONVENIENT – flexible study options available for adults to fit your learning around your personal circumstances
- SUPPORT NETWORK – advisors in place to help you on every step of your BLC experience
- STAND OUT – boost your CV with a huge range of enrichment activities, as part of your study programme
- LEARN YOUR WAY – everyone learns differently so choose a study method that suits you
- BUILD YOUR CONFIDENCE – belong to a friendly College that’s big on student success and small enough to care
- OPEN DOORS – we are proud of our strong links to local businesses and employers
- GET STUCK IN – engaging work placements mean you’ll leave College work ready, with skills that make you more attractive to employers
- REAL WORLD LEARNING – classrooms are great but there’s nothing like learning in a room which has all the same equipment and facilities that you’ll find when you go on work experience or find a job
- BE INSPIRED – learn from Tutors who’ve had successful careers in the industries they now teach. Who better to prepare you for your future
- GO FURTHER – continue your experience and take advantage of us being part of the University of Derby, a Guardian Top 50 University and rated Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
BLC has something for everyone, whether you are…
Completing your GCSEs and finishing school – we have a huge range of vocational qualifications and Apprenticeships to suit all abilities and ambitions, from Entry Level through to Level 3 and beyond.
Completing a Level 3 qualification and finishing college – we offer flexible part-time University Level qualifications, allowing you to study for a HNC/D, Foundation Degree and more without having to move away from the area.
Looking for a career change – it’s never too late to gain qualifications to get the dream job you have always wanted! Over 3,500 adults choose to experience BLC each year!
Wanting to improve your employment prospects or move up – we offer part-time courses for adults looking to gain essential Maths and English qualifications that employers require.
Keen to learn a new skill or hobby – we offer part-time, friendly and informal recreational courses for adults aged 19+, delivered across the Staffordshire Moorlands and Buxton.