Parents/carers of current students
Parents/Carers are invited into the College for Parent Contact Evenings during the academic year. The next Parent Contact Evenings are as follows:
- Buxton – Monday 18th March 4.45pm – 7pm
- Leek – Tuesday 19th March 4.30pm – 7pm
All parents should receive a letter about this event during February Half Term – please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
To book your preferred time slots for the March Parent Contact Evenings, please click here.
PARENTS/carers OF prospective STUDENTS
Buxton & Leek College came into existence on 1st August 2012 following the merger of Leek College and the University of Derby. Our students have access to industry standard facilities, comprehensive support services and a team of dedicated staff who take pride in supporting them towards their study and career goals.
Each year, our students take a positive step towards their future; they either progress to the next level of their qualification, move into an Apprenticeship or successful employment or they achieve a place at their chosen Higher Education provider. We’re proud to be a part of the University of Derby and our curriculum links from Further Education to Higher Education mean that our students have access to superior industry standard facilities.
We’re a small and friendly College that is able to offer a personal experience. We know our students by name and offer the support that suits them best, whether providing extra help with English and Maths or taking them right out of their comfort zone. We welcome students and parents to come along to one of our Open Days or Advice Evenings to meet and talk to Tutors and other students in person.
How going to college can benefit your son or daughter
- Developing many of the skills employers are looking for, such as writing, communication and IT
- It’s a great opportunity to study a subject in detail
- Excellent progression opportunities into university, particularly the University of Derby
- Prospects: a wider range of job opportunities and a more rewarding career
- Growing independence, while learning about themselves and other people, making lots of friends, developing new interests and deciding what to do in the future
For more information, you can see our Parents Guide here.
These are just some comments about Buxton & Leek College from external verifiers.
“Staff are keen to continually develop the courses they deliver and provide an exciting, supportive learning environment”
“Excellent planned and responsive differentiation to ensure each learner maximises their progress”
“Candidate support is strong across all programmes, candidates with specific needs are supported both from a central resource and by individual staff members”