Summer Holiday Bus Arrangements:
We have arranged for the Leek/Buxton & Buxton/Leek connecting bus to run for our apprentice’s travel. All other college buses (aside from a limited Buxton / Harpur Hill service) have stopped for the summer holiday period. The mini-bus will run (Monday & Tuesdays) on the following dates:
July: 29/30 Aug: 5/6, 12/13, 19/20
The mini bus will pick at the back of the HUB in the car park three times per day (excluding the usual mid-morning and mid-afternoon run) – at the following times:
- Departure from Buxton 8:20am arriving in Leek 8:50am
- Departure from Leek 8:50am arriving in Buxton 9.20am
- Leek departure 12:30pm arriving in Buxton 1pm
- Buxton departure 1pm arriving in Leek at 1:30pm
- Leek departure 4:05pm arriving in Buxton 4:35pm
- Buxton departure 4:45pm arriving in Leek 5:15pm
Harper Hill connecting bus will run only on these dates when learners are in:
July 29th Aug 5th/12th/19th
Times are as follows:
- Departure from Buxton 9:20am arriving in Harpur Hill (approx. 9:40am)
- Harpur Hill to Buxton 4:15pm (to arrive in time for the Buxton departure at 4:45pm).
The normal bus service will then resume start of term Monday 2nd September.
We now offer FREE bus travel on many Buxton & Leek College bus routes for our students.
Check which Buxton & Leek College bus routes are covered below. Those eligible for a bus pass are predominantly students taking a full time course/ apprenticeship, but please check at enrolment whether you can apply for and receive a free bus pass.
Buxton & Leek College bus passes can be used term-time, Monday to Friday from 2nd September 2019 to 26th June 2020 only for free travel to our Buxton and Leek campuses on selected routes. Please note that the free bus pass is not valid on most public routes other than the 199 and 58 whereby you can apply for a pass for those selected routes. For free public bus travel in Staffordshire please visit the Staffordshire County Council website
If you have any questions about this bus service or travel into College, please call 01298 330644 if studying at Buxton or 01298 330330 if studying at Leek.
Free Bus pass routes
Timetables are available here for each of the Buxton Unibus and Minibus routes:
- Buxton Bus 1 (Glossop, Hadfield, Hayfield, Birch Vale, New Mills)
- Buxton Bus 4 (Bolsover, Chesterfield, Calver, Tideswell)
- Buxton Bus 7 (Derby, Belper)
- Buxton Bus 8 (Littleover, Hulland, Ashbourne)
- Buxton to Leek Bus (Buxton, Leek)
- Cheadle to Buxton Bus (Blythe Bridge, Cheadle, Leek, Buxton)
- Hope Valley route 12 Unibus timetable (Hathersage, Hope, Castletown, Bradwell, Buxton Campus)
Timetables are available here for the Leek Unibus Route and information about the Leek Minibus:
- Leek to Buxton (Leek, Buxton)
- Cheadle to Leek Bus (Blythe Bridge, Cheadle, Leek)
- ASH – LEEK (Ashbourne, Waterhouses, Bottomhouse) – Students must book a seat for the year – Call 01298 330330
Timetables are available here for the following routes:
- (Stockport 199 and Macclesfield 58 only)
These routes can be used free by applying for a bus pass for your journey to and from college.
Daytime and inter-site buses (free term time services for staff and students)
- Buses to Buxton Skillsbase / Motor Vehicle– Unibus Service
- Buses to Harpur Hill Sports Centre – FE Bus Service
- Buses to Oaklands Outdoor Centre – Minibus Shuttle (HE term time only)
If you are travelling from Youlgrave please call 01298 330644 or email email@example.com
Snow and ice
In severe weather conditions we will try our best to maintain services. However, in some conditions, side roads and back roads become too difficult to negotiate and we’ll operate a service with a reduced number of stops. If you’re in doubt, you can find out by checking the weather page or calling the Snowline on 01332 597669.
Student Centre: email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01298 330644 (for students travelling to Buxton Campus)
For those travelling to Leek Campus tel: 01298 330330
su_spoiler title=”Trains” anchor=”trains”]
Buxton station is only five minutes walk from the Devonshire Campus.
Buxton has direct trains from Manchester Oxford Road and Manchester Piccadilly, via Stockport. The journey takes about an hour.
You can also travel to Sheffield, which involves at least one change. For timetables contact National Rail Enquiries, 08457 48 49 50
Traveline also provides local information on trains and other forms of public transport.
www.railcard.co.uk offers a ‘young persons’ railcard that could save you a 1/3 off your fare throughout the country. You can apply for a ‘young persons’ card if you are 16-25, or 26 and over but in full time education.
There is no train station in or near to Leek.[/su_spoiler]