We now offer SUBSIDISED bus travel on many Buxton & Leek College bus routes for our students.
Check which Buxton & Leek College bus routes are covered below. Those eligible for a bus pass are predominantly students taking a full time course/ apprenticeship, but please check at enrolment whether you can apply for and receive a free bus pass.
Buxton & Leek College bus passes can be used term-time, Monday to Friday from 6th September 21 to 8th July 2022 only for free travel to our Buxton and Leek campuses on selected routes. Please note that the free bus pass is not valid on most public routes other than the 199 and 58 whereby you can apply for a pass for those selected routes. For information about public bus travel in Staffordshire please visit the Staffordshire County Council website.
If you have any questions about this bus service or travel into College, please contact email@example.com or ring 0800 074 0099.
Applying For Transport:
We are now asking that students wishing to use the college bus services apply for transport through the enrolment process, so that we can determine who will need a place on a bus to get to college and what routes are required.
You will then receive an email detailing how to apply for subsidised travel for 21/22. You will be able to access the bus service without a pass for the first two weeks of term and we will issue your bus pass during induction.
Please note that is you travel on the 199/58 bus route we will shortly be sending an email that you can use as proof of your travel entitlement until you have your bus pass.
The college has a duty of care to ensure that all students and staff are kept safe when using the college buses and therefore we have introduced new safety measures-
- Do not attempt to travel if you are exhibiting any of the Covid-19 symptoms
- Please ensure that you arrive ten minutes before the bus is due and wait safely at the bus stop
- Allow any passengers needing to get off the bus safely before getting on the bus and keep at a safe distance as much as possible
- Remain seated in the designated areas and maintain as much distance as possible from the other passengers
- All students and staff must wear face coverings at all times on the designated college bus routes
- Only get on and off the bus at designated bus stops
In addition, all students must comply with the Behaviour Codes and any breaches may be dealt with through the College Disciplinary Procedure.
The following bus routes changes will take place over half term:
15thOctober – Route 5 shuttle- Coach will run on first and last run only with the minibus running during the day (as per normal timetable).
Half Term Timetables:
Monday 25th October: Students to use Route 1, Route 3, Route 5, Route 7, Route 8, Route 12 and connecting bus run as normal, also allow students to use the 199
Tuesday 26thOctober: Students can use route 199, minibus on route 5 and connecting bus
Wednesday 27thOctober: Students can use route 199, minibus on route 5 and connecting bus
Thursday 28th October: Students to use route 8 only, minibus on route 5 and connecting bus
Friday 28thOctober: Students to use route 8 only, minibus on route 5 and connecting bus
Free Bus pass routes
Timetables are available here for each of the Buxton Unibus and Minibus routes:
- Buxton Bus 1 (Glossop, Hadfield, Hayfield, Birch Vale, New Mills)
- Buxton Bus 4 (Bolsover, Chesterfield, Calver, Tideswell)
- Buxton Bus 7 (Derby, Belper)
- Buxton Bus 8 (Littleover, Hulland, Ashbourne)
- Buxton to Leek (Buxton, Leek)
- Cheadle to Leek Route (Blythe Bridge, Cheadle, Leek, Buxton)
- Hope Valley route 12 Unibus timetable (Hathersage, Hope, Castletown, Bradwell, Buxton Campus)
- Youlgreave Route (Youlgreave route)
Timetables are available here for the Leek Unibus Route and information about the Leek Minibus:
Half term Bus commencing October 15th 2021 – Internal Bus – Leek to Buxton
- Leek to Buxton (Leek, Buxton)
- Cheadle – Leek Route (Blythe Bridge, Cheadle, Leek)
- Ashbourne to Leek (Ashbourne route)
Timetables are available here for the following routes:
- (Stockport 199 and Macclesfield 58 only)
These routes can be used free by applying for a bus pass for your journey to and from college.
Daytime and inter-site buses (free term time services for staff and students)
- Harpur Hill Route (Applicable until October Half Term)
Snow and ice
In severe weather conditions we will try our best to maintain services. However, in some conditions, side roads and back roads become too difficult to negotiate and we’ll operate a service with a reduced number of stops. If you’re in doubt, you can find out by checking the weather page or calling the Snowline on 01332 597669.
FE Curriculum Support: email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0800 074 0099: