BUS CHARGES FOR NEW STUDENTS
Students applying or enrolling on programmes at BLC for the first time in September 2022 may be subject to charges on the colleges buses. This will not apply to continuing or progressing students who are already enrolled at BLC (21/22).
All new and returning students will need to complete a mandatory transport application form which will be available soon.
College bus annual charges are as follows-
Charge Band 1 – 0-5 miles -£250
Charge Band 2 – 5-10 miles- £350
Charge Band 3 – 10-15 miles- £450
Charge Band 4 – Over 15 miles -£550
The connecting bus across campuses (Leek/Buxton/HH) this will continue to be free bus service.
If you are eligible for the Bursary you may be able to get some financial support from the bursary, for more information please follow the link here.
Please keep up to date on the transport page, there will be more information to follow on different payment options for 2022, including instalment plans.
Apprentices wishing to access the College buses will be changed a discounted annual fee as follows:
Charge Band 1 – 0-5 miles -£90
Charge Band 2 – 5-10 miles- £120
Charge Band 3 – 10-15 miles- £150
Charge Band 4 – Over 15 miles -£190
If you have any questions about this bus service or travel into College, please contact email@example.com or ring 0800 074 0099.
The college has a duty of care to ensure that all students and staff are kept safe when using the college buses and therefore we have introduced new safety measures-
- Do not attempt to travel if you are exhibiting any of the Covid-19 symptoms
- Please ensure that you arrive ten minutes before the bus is due and wait safely at the bus stop
- Allow any passengers needing to get off the bus safely before getting on the bus and keep at a safe distance as much as possible
- Remain seated in the designated areas and maintain as much distance as possible from the other passengers
- All students and staff must wear face coverings at all times on the designated college bus routes
- Only get on and off the bus at designated bus stops
In addition, all students must comply with the Behaviour Codes and any breaches may be dealt with through the College Disciplinary Procedure.
BLC Bus pass routes
Timetables are available here for each of the Buxton Unibus and Minibus routes:
- Route 1 (Glossop, Hadfield, Hayfield, Birch Vale, New Mills)
- Buxton Bus 4 (Bolsover, Chesterfield, Calver, Tideswell). This service is now run by High Peak Buses, not Notts & Derby, as it formally was.
- Route 7, (Derby, Belper). The bus can be flagged at stops that aren’t specifically mentioned on the timetable.
- Route 8 (Littleover, Hulland, Ashbourne)
- Route 5 (Buxton, Leek)
- Route 3 (Blythe Bridge, Cheadle, Leek, Buxton)
- Route 12 (Hathersage, Hope, Castletown, Bradwell, Buxton Campus)
- Youlgreave Route (Youlgreave route)
Timetables are available here for the Leek Unibus Route and information about the Leek Minibus:
- Route 5 (Leek, Buxton)
- Route 3 (Blythe Bridge, Cheadle, Leek)
- Ashbourne – Leek route (Ashbourne route)
Timetables are available here for the following routes:
- (Stockport 199 and Macclesfield 58 only)
These routes can be used free by applying for a bus pass for your journey to and from college.
Daytime and inter-site buses (free term time services for staff and students)
Snow and ice
In severe weather conditions we will try our best to maintain services. However, in some conditions, side roads and back roads become too difficult to negotiate and we’ll operate a service with a reduced number of stops. If you’re in doubt, you can find out by checking the weather page or calling the Snowline on 01332 597669.
FE Curriculum Support: email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0800 074 0099: