RESPONSE TO COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic it is important that the College, its staff and learners all play a crucial role in preventing the spread of coronavirus. Throughout 20/21 academic year the college will be required to follow the Government’s most up-to-date guidance. We want to ensure that all our learners and staff are kept safe, so we will need you to follow the measures outlined below:
- You must wash or sanitise your hands when you arrive at College and then frequently throughout the day.
- You must follow all guidance related to current social distancing measures and/or on college signs, posters, directions from staff members.
- In your learning environment you must keep to the 1 metre social distancing rule, unless directed otherwise by a member of staff e.g. during practical activity.
- When moving around the College or using College facilities you must observe the 1 metre plus social distancing rule and wherever possible 2m social distancing.
Buxton & Leek College is asking all staff and students to follow the latest guidance on face coverings:
- All students should bring their own face-covering into college and wear them in all communal areas and in some classrooms and workshops.
- Always wear face coverings on all college designated bus routes.
- If you cough or sneeze you must follow the guideline of ‘Catch it, bin it, kill it’ by coughing into your elbow, covering your nose and mouth with a tissue, and then putting it into the identified bin.
- You must inform a member of staff immediately if you become unwell with coronavirus symptoms during the day at College.
- Comply with college bus requirements
You must NOT come into college if you:
- have symptoms of coronavirus, that is a high temperature, a new continuous cough or loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- if anyone in your household has the symptoms of coronavirus
- for at least 8 days following a positive test result for Covid-19, please report this using Buxton and Leek college track and trace process
If you become unwell on site and display symptoms, please either contact your Progress Coach or speak to a member of staff immediately. We need to ensure that all our learners and staff stay safe.
If you do not follow these measures, then disciplinary action will be taken depending on the seriousness of your actions or repeat actions.
If you have any concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic you can access support from: The Learner Journey Team, Student Wellbeing Service and external organisations such as Young Minds, The Samaritans and the NSPCC.
We are encouraging all staff and students to use the NHS trace App on their phones. Please be aware that these requirements will be continually reviewed in-line with any new guidance.