Date(s) - 07/04/2020
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
In line with current Government restrictions this event has been postponed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
In partnership with Buxton & Leek College, Derby County Community Trust’s Football and Education programme is an extraordinary platform that gives talented young individuals the chance continue their full-time academic studies whilst receiving professional football coaching four days a week with a weekly fixture.
The programme is designed to give 16 to 18-year-olds the best opportunity to gain A Level, NCFE or BTEC qualifications while training and competing in an elite football programme. Our coaches will be on hand to provide proper guidance to help participants find the correct balance of being a student athlete. Additionally, we will combine the technical, tactical, psychological and physical facets of the game to promote the development of both their studies and play.
On the pitch, the programme looks to test the players’ ability at the highest level of play outside of academy football. Competing in regional and national leagues will give players the opportunity to also trial at local semi-professional and professional clubs.
Other benefits of the programme include:
- Access to high quality coaching and daily access to a UEFA Licensed qualified coaching team
- Official match and training kit
- Behind the scenes look at Derby County Football Club
- Mentoring of students by football coaches
- Support with academic studies by specialists at the college
- Additional sports coaching qualifications available alongside studies
- Opportunities for work experience and volunteering with Derby County Community Trust
- Potential employment opportunities
Come along to our next Football and Education Post 16 Open Day on Tuesday 7th April 2020, 10am to 2pm at University of Derby, Sports Centre, Kedleston Road.