Industry Placements at BLC
What are they?
Industry placements, formerly known as work placements, are being introduced by the Department for Education to give learners the chance to put into practice the knowledge and technical skills they are learning as part of their course. From 2022, industry placements will form a mandatory requirement for students taking the new Level 3 technical programmes called ‘T Levels’. To gear up for this, we are implementing industry placements in some courses from the start of this academic year 18/19. We are looking to find employers in these industries to offer 2nd year students a more substantial industry placement in the academic year 2018/19. Courses taking part this year include: Hospitality, Childcare, Health & Social Care, Hairdressing, Business, IT and Food and Beverage.
How can they help your business?
In addition to the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped a student to develop their real-world learning, the students can provide you with genuine value in a number of ways:
- Solve a small problem, work through a backlog or tackle low-priority but impactful jobs
- Bring a fresh perspective into your business.
- Provide opportunities for your employees to coach and mentor.
- An excellent solution if your business has a short term or specific project that needs staffing.
Longer Term Benefits:
- Address the current and future skills shortages in your industry
- Inspire the next generation to work in your industry, whilst shaping the direction of technical education within your industry.
- Industry placement can offer a low cost, effective method of recruitment from an untapped skills pool.
- Raised profile within the community, through building a partnership with Buxton & Leek College.
Find out more:
We would love to work with you and support your business through industry placements. Please get in touch with us and we can support you to become an Industry Placement Provider. Laura Stroud – Engagement Manager 01298 330560 firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to our Employer Involvement Evening to find out more!
Follow the link: