Traineeships & Return to Work Programmes
Buxton & Leek College is excited to launch two new programmes aimed at adults wanting to develop new skills to either secure employment, or progress within a current job role.
The two programmes, Traineeships and the Return to Work, are designed to educate adults aged 19+, who want to develop skills, knowledge and behaviours that will equip them to progress to work or further study. Traineeship students will also gain meaningful work experience.
TRAINEESHIPS (age 19-24)
These are available for young people aged 19 to 24 up to academic age 25, regardless background:
- Are not currently in employment and have little work experience
- Are age 19 to 24, whether you have any qualifications or not or qualified up to and including a full Level 3
RETURN TO WORK ( age 19+)
Adults aged 19+ who wish to gain qualifications, regardless of their current employment status, to allow you:
- Progress in current job role
- Secure better employment opportunities
- Develop functional and essential digital skills
- Progress to Level 2 and level 3 qualifications such as Access to HE.
TRAINEESHIPS AND RETURN TO WORK HAVE FOUR CORE ELEMENTS:
- A focused period of work preparation training with a training provider, covering areas like CV writing, interview preparation, job search and inter-personal skills.
- A basic skills element with English, maths and digital where needed.
- Flexible vocational learning and qualifications with a focus on preparing you for occupational standards within apprenticeships or occupation specific employment
- Traineeship only: A high-quality work experience placement with an employer to give the young person meaningful work experience and an opportunity to develop workplace skills.