Hello and a warm welcome to Woodlings Nursery. When family choose our setting we are very mindful that families are entrusting us with the most precious thing in their lives!
The nursery is situated in The Scout Hut in Burbage Buxton. Therefore we have fantastic space both indoors and out. We are very fortunate to have some lovely views of neighbouring farms and fields. We are also close to local grassy park and woodland site where we have our forest schools.
We have moved into the Scout Hut and share this wonderful space. They use it for two evenings in the week and we are in there in the day time. We share a lot of the same ethos as the scouts and their love for the great outdoors.
Address; The Old Scout Hut, Buxton, SK17 6UB
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Here at Woodlings Nursery we have a fantastic team. They are warm, welcoming and friendly. We will treat you with respect, help you with your transition from student to a responsible practitioner. You will be given the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Build on your strengths and talents whilst working on less confident areas.
We aim to provide an enriched learning environment with messy play, outdoor learning and forest schools as part of our whole ethos.
Should you choose our team then you will work alongside us to help create this environment.
Purpose of post
- To ensure a broad range of teaching and learning for all children within our setting
- Providing a range of learning experinces
- To support each child in reaching their full potential
- To be a responsible and effect, respectful member of the team
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- To help provide a safe secure and stimulating environment
- To ensure that you arrive at work in enough time to ensure you are set up inside and out ready to receive the children at your designated time
- To take pride and maintain your areas and equipment
- To put nursery policies and procedures into practice, being aware that the health and safety of the child is always priority
- To make sure children are aware of boundaries. Enforce boundaries with firm low tone voice
- To praise and celebrate achievement (no matter how small) with children at every opportunity
- To treat and respect every child as a unique individual. Speak to them with kindness and understanding
- To ensure every child is given equality of opportunity and treat them as an individual
- To plan and implement the EYFS with clear next steps in an appropriate way giving each individual child a chance to reach their full potential
- To implement, maintain and administer children’s records
- To liaise and work in partnership with parent/carers and maintain a professional, level
- To be fully aware of safeguarding and respond and act accordingly
- To work co-operatively with other team members fostering a whole team approach
- To be fully aware of fire evacuation/emergency procedure and carry it out if necessary
- To be responsible for moving forward your own personal and professional development
- To participate in other activities outside normal working hours eg staff meetings, open evenings
- To support/supervise students as required
- To carry out other tasks such as good housekeeping/ cleaning routers as appropriate
- To ensure all your duties and responsibilities are carried out before you leave your shift
- A genuine love of children
- Honest and reliable
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use knowledge effectively to meet needs of individual children
- Willingness to work co-operatively
- Respect of confidentiality at all times
- Friendly, a team player, the ability to listen to your peers
- You will be expected to use your initiative
- You should have a good standard of maths & English
- Ideally GCSE 4/C or above, there may be a possibility to study towards equivalent qualifications as part of your apprenticeship dependant on personal circumstances
- There is potential for permanent employment on successful completion of your apprenticeship
- Monday to Friday. (exception of college day) Hours can be between 8am and 5:30pm Example shifts; 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm etc
TRAINING TO BE PROVIDED
Early Years Practitioner level 2
- There may be a possibility to study towards equivalent maths & English qualifications as part of your apprenticeship if you have no already achieved GCSE 4/C, this is dependant on personal circumstances
THINGS TO CONSIDER
We are based in Burbage Buxton on Macclesfiled Old Road. Burbage is within 30 mins walking distance of central Buxton, There is bus that does drop off at the top of our drive way – the 58 Macclesfield bus. You would have to look at transport to and from our setting to see if it is accessible to you.
You will need to complete a DBS check to commence this role, you will be fully supported to complete this.