Foundation Learning, Skills for Learning, Work & Life
Buxton & Leek College is excited to launch the traineeship programmes aimed at young people wanting to develop new skills to either secure employment, or progress within a current job role.
The Traineeships are designed to educate adults aged 19-24, who want to develop skills, knowledge and behaviours that will equip them to progress to work or further study. Traineeship students will also gain meaningful work experience.
TRAINEESHIPS (age 19-24)
These are available for young people aged 19 to 24 up to academic age 25, regardless background:
- Are not currently in employment and have little work experience
- Are age 19 to 24, whether you have any qualifications or not or qualified up to and including a full Level 3
TRAINEESHIPS HAVE FOUR CORE ELEMENTS:
- A focused period of work preparation training with a training provider, covering areas like CV writing, interview preparation, job search and inter-personal skills.
- A basic skills element with English, maths and digital where needed.
- Flexible vocational learning and qualifications with a focus on preparing you for occupational standards within apprenticeships or occupation specific employment
- Traineeship only: A high-quality work experience placement with an employer to give the young person meaningful work experience and an opportunity to develop workplace skills.
These courses are suitable for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities who would like to develop independence and Life Skills that will prepare individuals going into a supported Internship, voluntary work and or semi independence.
The course is conducted in a realistic environment, which is as close as possible to real life situations. Students have the opportunity to select their own Enterprise pathway, which includes a variety of subjects: – Woodwork, Horticulture, Catering and Craft. Students also explore a variety of local community facilities to develop their own awareness of what facilities we have around us within the local community. Literacy and numeracy is fully integrated throughout the programme.
Take a look at the Virtual tour of our campuses and facilities here.
You can also find more information on our SEN Information Page about what we can offer.