Len Tildsley, Principal of Buxton and Leek College
Buxton and Leek College came into existence on 1st August 2012 following the merger of Leek College and the University of Derby.
Our students have access to industry standard facilities, comprehensive support services and a team of dedicated staff who take pride in supporting them towards their study and career goals
How going to college can benefit your son or daughter
- Developing many of the skills employers are looking for, such as writing, communication and IT
- It's a great opportunity to study a subject in detail
- Excellent progression opportunities into university, particularly the University of Derby
- Prospects: a wider range of job opportunities and a more rewarding career
- Growing independence, while learning about themselves and other people, making lots of friends, developing new interests and deciding what to do in the future.
Commendations from our External Verifiers
"Staff are keen to continually develop the courses they deliver and provide and exciting, supportive learning environment".
"Excellent planned and responsive differentiation to ensure each learner maximises their progress".
"Candidate support is strong across all programmes, candidates with specific needs are supported both from a central resource and by individual staff members".
*excluding construction and engineering Level 2.
Click here to download the Parents Guide 2016