Spa Therapy Apprentice - The Buxton Crescent Hotel & Old Hall Hotel, Buxton
The Buxton Crescent Hotel & Thermal Spa is in situated an idyllic location within Buxton. This historic Spa town is nestled in beautiful surrounding countryside within Derbyshire. Close to the county boundary with Cheshire to the west and Staffordshire to the south, Buxton is described as “the gateway to the Peak District National Park”.
The Buxton Crescent is an Historic iconic grade 1 listed building, it is one of the most architecturally significant buildings in the country. “The crescent was the centerpiece of the Fifth Duke of Devonshire’s plans to establish a fashionable Georgian Spa town in Buxton, originally having two hotels and lodges. The Crescent has undergone an extensive redevelopment and restoration completed in October 2020, the luxury Hotel offers circa 81 bedrooms, including suites, extensive Spa facilities, with a Thermal Natural Water Spa, and Spa lounge. The Hotel has a stunning Restaurant, bar and incorporates the magnificent Assembly rooms, Card room, and conference meeting rooms for business meetings and Weddings. Buxton Crescent Hotel & Thermal Spa offers our guests an ultimate luxury 5* experience.
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
We are looking for an Apprentice Spa Therapist who would enjoy work in a luxury Historic Hotel environment. The Apprentice Spa Therapist will train to become a spa therapist with one day college attendance required.
- Carry out our treatments to the highest standard, in line with our brand and concept guidelines.
- Deliver a level of service which exceeds all guest expectations by completing all treatments in a consistently thorough manner and in the time allocated
- Adapt treatments in any way necessary in order to accommodate every guest need
- Our guests have high expectations that must be exceeded, we expect all our team members to be guest focused, creating a relaxed, fun environment for everyone to enjoy, whilst maintaining high standards of professionalism
- Understand your guests, their requirements – and always aim to exceed expectations.
- Promote and sell our services, concept and offering, maximising the potential of all sales
- Recommend products and give suitable aftercare/homecare advice in the best interest of each guest
- Enjoy the job – demonstrating positive body language at all times
- Maintain accurate consultation records for all guests
- To actively promote all areas of the department at every opportunity
- Ensure prompt and polite response to all telephone enquiries with a smile and a positive tone of voice
- To deal with all guest comments or complaints and to pass these on to your Manager in exceptional circumstances.
- To ensure that all potential sales opportunities are maximised
- To adhere to any Company sales Initiatives and to increase Sales opportunities
SKILLS & QUALITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliable, Efficient and pro-active
- Confident and enjoys talking to people
- High levels of personal presentation and grooming
- Willing to attend college one day per week
Ideally, you will have GCSE Maths & English grade 4/C or above or an equivalent.
There is potential you could study towards these qualifications as part of your apprenticeship depending on personal circumstances.
There is potential for permanent employment and further training on the successful completion of your apprenticeship.
8 hour shifts, working days will include weekends. You working hours will include time spent completing off-the-job training such as attending college.
Apprenticeship minimum to start
- Uniform provided (Dress code policy)
- Meals on duty
- Family & Friends rate
- Team member of the Month
- Team member of the Year
- Incentives/ bonus
- Team members committee
- Health & wellbeing activities
TRAINING TO BE PROVIDED
Spa Therapy level 2 Apprenticeship
Functional Skills, if required.
Buxton (college transport available)
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Please consider how you will get to work each day.
Your working hours will include 1 weekend in 4.